Monday 12 January 2009

pheww! its Gareth Pugh

not only do i regard Gareth Pugh as one of the most influential new designers of the 21st century, but i hold his background life very dear to my heart.

his designs aside, he is my inspiration to know that there is a possibility of life outside of this city.

as you know, I do not like living here and the bright lights of where I want to be seem so very dim.
But it turns out that not only is Gareth Pugh from this squaller which I call home, but he went to the same college as me.
I like to think that if i try hard enough, nothing is impossible.
I loved in how a interview with him in either Vogue or Elle last year, he remembers to mention how fish and chips back home are the best in the world.
I am proud to come from here, just i think that there is more for me, which Gareth has proved and although it hardly means a thing, it is a small glimmer of hope in the darkness like.
I love his edgy look, and has been described as if the Wizard of Oz has bumped into Predator. I am in my youth, he is in his youth, which is definately a time fo change and rebellion, and people seem to like it. For me, he is the epitamy of British style, edgy, rebellious, abstract and glam.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: