Monday 5 January 2009

For auld lang syne

good morrow children of the world wide web
one of my new year resolutions is to spend more time dedicated to my blog
because normally I just tend to do it on a Monday for one hour, the only time I get to go on a computer in college, but hopefully I can squeeze in some more time for it.
Its like a baby that needs tending to all the time.

The holiday period has been good, without being over the top, just nice.
Im starting to worry because when I was young, Christmas used to be one of the only times where I am jolly, but slowly as Ive got older, the magic has died. This was the first year where I could take it or leave it. Sad.

I went for a little stroll around the shops in between Christmas and new year, although my city centre is incredibly dull, shopping wise, that is why I mostly like to go on ebay for individual pieces, rather than become a slave to high street drivel. I decided to ransack the local charity shops, hoping that something would catch my eye, but I didn't have high hopes. But then, I found the holy grail. A late eighties, early nineties, just my gestimation, gold dust creation by the late Mister Yves Saint Laurent.
A tartan pattern, without making me look ridiculously Scottish, in red with tailoring which Alexander McQueen would be proud of. I could hardly breath, ive never owned anything by such a big designer. I did not buy just for the label, it is a beautiful blazer, worthy of pride of place in my wardrobe. I also bought a floral top and TWO bags. under £15 for the lot.

I finally broke in my cheaper version of the gucci heel when I went out before Christmas, which I have been dying to do.
PhotobucketThese in black

Im also crushing on these bad boys
Photobucket
So I hope that everyone has a amazing 2009, cos i bloody hope I do

No comments: